July 2, 2012

I learned a lot already

So hey, I moved to Berkeley for the summer.  I have a summer associate position at the Greenlining Institute, a social justice oriented non-profit.  I hope this is how every workplace is like, because it’s fun as FUCK here.
They give us free boba and pizza, they have an (ugly) office dog, they have potlucks on Fridays and play Wii karaoke, they put out yoga balls for everyone, they give us leadership/public speaking/skills training workshops every day, and they get mad if we stay later than 5PM.  AND they’re basically letting me develop their whole Nov 2012 election strategy.  To quote my brother, it’s kind of a baby organizer job BUT THAT’S OKAY because I need baby steps.  It’s a scary world out there.
I’ve learned so much in 4 weeks.  Mostly, I’ve learned things about myself.  I’ll be posting here what I learn, from time to time. 
I don’t really remember anything right now.  But trust me, I’ve learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment